Saint Roch church and cemetery - Soiron centre
Like a tower moored to a large vessel, the imposing silhouette of the Saint-Roch church stands out in the Soiron landscape.
Established on a mound at the end of the central square, the Saint-Roch church occupies a privileged position in the village. Its imposing silhouette stands out in the landscape. Beyond this initial perception, a graceful unity emerges from the whole.
First mentioned in 1086, the church was rebuilt (apart from its tower) between 1703 and 1725 following the earthquake of 1692. The tower, dated 1627, is absorbed by the powerful dimensions of the nave and choir and seems to be moored to a large vessel.
For more information, see our heritage page.
The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 32 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.More information