Entrance pavilion of the old Olne castle
A masterly gateway to the town, the only remnant of Olne Castle.
On the way down to the village, the imposing entrance pavilion of the former Château d’Olne is a masterly sign of the entrance to the village.
It is the only vestige of the Château d’Olne, built for Guillaume d’Olne in 1703, then one of the most beautiful residences in the Pays de Herve.
Destroyed after the First World War, this sumptuous residence consisted of an inner courtyard opening onto the main building.
On either side, two wings surrounded the prestigious building.
At the rear, a formal garden with a vegetable patch extended into the village.
Two small pavilions, one of which still stands today, punctuated the enclosure wall.
For more information, see our heritage page.
The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 32 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.More information