Place Saint-Georges in Limbourg
Patrician houses, rows of lime trees and Vesdre pebble pavements enliven this beautiful and peaceful square.
Following the north-south orientation of the rocky spur, the old “Grand-Rue” forms a large trapezoidal square that slopes gently and then plunges more sharply towards the northern tip.
It was once occupied in its centre by the town hall, which was demolished in 1675 and replaced in 1687 by the town hall, now the tourist office, located in the enfilade at number 30.
Lined with beautiful patrician houses from the 17th and 18th centuries, alongside more modest dwellings, the square has retained an atmosphere of tranquillity with its lines of lime trees and its Vesdre pebble pavements.
For more information, see our heritage sheet.
The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 32 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.More information