Association
MBVW
House
of Urbanism
Logo Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
See the map
Logo Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
Moulin de Mirwart

Moulin de Mirwart © Delcampe

At the bottom of the Lhomme valley, the old Mirwart mill sits at the foot of the hill occupied by the castle.

Here, away from the village, the miller found the necessary motive power to drive the millstones and grind the cereals into flour.

Owned by the lord, who charged the villagers a fee for its use, the origin of the mill seems to date back to the year 1600.

Over time, it underwent transformations and received new equipment until it ceased all activity after the First World War.

Set in a large green area, only a few traces of the former activities, such as the diversion reach and the water reservoir, are still visible.

It is owned by the Province of Luxembourg and is now part of the provincial accommodation and leisure centre.

For more information, see our heritage sheet.

Practical information

VIEUX MOULIN

Rue du Moulin ,12 – 6870 Mirwart 

MAISON DU TOURISME DU PAYS DE SAINT-HUBERT

Place du marché, 15 – 6870 Saint-Hubert

+32(0)61/61 30 10

www.saint-hubert-tourisme.be 

ROYAL SYNDICAT D’INITIATIVE DE SAINT-HUBERT

Place du marché, 15 – 6870 Saint-Hubert

+32(0)61/61 30 10 

www.rsisainthubert.wixsite.com/evenements 

 

Subscribe to our newsletter

The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 31 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.