Old brewery in Falaën
A brewery that used to be supplied with water by the Brou, a small, partly arched stream that flowed nearby.
The old brewery of the village was built around 1850-1860 and is an emblematic building of former life. The Brou, a small stream whose course is partly arched, once supplied the brewery with water. The space under the roof was used as a drying room for hops. A door protruding from the roof allowed access to the attic to store supplies thanks to a hoist. The brewery ceased operations in the inter-war period.
For more information, see our heritage page.
The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 32 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.More information