Chapel and Hermitage - Torgny
A chapel built in the aftermath of the plague epidemic of 1636 - Listed monument.
Built in the aftermath of the plague epidemic that ravaged the village in 1636, this chapel, which was remodelled in 1840, as the date on the main entrance door attests, is dedicated to Notre-Dame du Luxembourg.
It is dedicated to Notre-Dame du Luxembourg. The hermitage, added in 1729, and its surroundings have been classified as a historic site since 1985.
For more information, see our heritage page.
The association Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia) oversees a network of 31 villages, bearers of a strong territorial identity and reflecting traditional architecture. It is committed to promoting the rural, cultural and natural heritage of Wallonia and is a part of the development of local and responsible tourism.