Saint-Lambert Church

Beautiful large limestone building comprising a frontal Gothic towered gatehouse dating from 1589, revised and extended in 1720.

Three naves with four sections in the Hainault Gothic style, built in the 16th century but modified in 1666–1669, possibly following a fire; Classical raised transept and three-sided chancel, probably from the first third of the 18th century.

S. BRIGODE, Courants architecturaux et monuments du Hainaut, in Annales du Cercle archéologique d'Enghien, t. 14. 1965.

L. DELFERIERE and J. HUVELLE, Inventaire sommaire des cantons de Beaumont et de Chimay, Mons 1967, pp. 21–23.

J.M. LEQUEUX, Répertoire photographique du mobilier des sanctuaires de Belgique, Province de Hainaut, Canton de Beaumont, Brussels, 1977, pp. 13–16.

 

In practice

Eglise Saint-Lambert

6500 Barbençon

Calculate a route